Wednesday, June 5, 2013

A Voice of Affirmation

This past Monday was our writer’s group meeting. We had a special guest: children’s author Mary Hershey. She was so generous in coming to our meeting, free of charge, to talk to us aspiring writers about her experience as an author. It was very enlightening. A couple nuggets I took away:
  • ·         Be declarative: say you’re an author and claim it
  • ·         Have a goal: visualize what you want and make a plan to get it
  • ·         Be disciplined: make writing a priority

I mentioned I was interested in attending this huge international writing conference in LA this summer, but didn’t know if it was the right time for me, etc. She looked directly at me and said, “Farah, you’re ready. Go!”


Funny how all you need sometimes is someone telling you to do it. So it looks like I’m going to attend this conference in LA this August!

No comments:

Post a Comment