Friday, October 11, 2013

Sick Sucks

There are countless joys of being a mom. I can't even list them all. But let's be real, there are some sucky parts about being a mom, too. One is when you have to cancel great plans because of illness. That was me.

Last weekend we had plans to go to Disneyland. Michael was taking off Monday, we would go down for a long weekend and enjoy the happiest place on earth. I was really careful about where West and I went during the week to keep from getting germs. But those germs found us anyway. I got sick. We were still going through with the plan because I could take Tylenol cold medicine and drink my weight in coffee to get through a day of fun. But then West got sick. And traveling with a sick kid is never worth it. Plus Disneyland is only fun when everyone's at their best health.

West has been so excited about going. I wanted him to feel his absolute best for the day. So we cancelled. And it was a sucky mom moment having to make the call.

We'll try again soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment