Friday, November 15, 2013

Slow Work

So I’m plunking away at my book. I’m making progress, but it’s S..L..O..W. First drafting (a term I made up for when you’re writing a first draft of a book), is slow work. I am creating the story from scratch, and still trying to find my way through the fog. I’m about 2/3 of my way through the book, but I’m still trying to flesh out the climax, and the message of the book. And I’m revising as I go along and solidifying the story. I’m averaging about a chapter a week, which takes about 3 hours to get down. I have to admit, I prefer the revision stage over first-drafting, because in the revision stage you have a structure to work with and can spend your time making it better. My goal is to have a first draft done by Christmas.


Plunk, plunk, plunk

No comments:

Post a Comment