Friday, July 19, 2013

What's Going On?

Summer is supposed to be a time of ease, filled with long days of familiarity, where the only changes are spontaneous choices you make to do fun summer things. It’s the lounge before the fall (both literal and metaphorical). When autumn hits and school is back, you hit the ground running and embrace all the change that comes with it.
Well, the Shaws have already undergone some big changes this summer.
First, I have had to drastically change my diet to lower my cholesterol (it’s still high even though I’ve weaned Westly)
Next, Michael is selling his car, which will change our lives a bit as we share one vehicle.
Also, we’ve had to change some parenting tactics as Westly is exploring tantrums.
Sadly, my best friend was diagnosed with breast cancer at the beginning of June, which has of course changed her life and affected mine as well.
Lastly, I’ve finished my book series and am now changing to a new story.

If this is our summer, what on earth does our autumn look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment