Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Chatter Box

Westly has become a chatter box!

I am so thankful his verbal development has kicked in. He has gone from saying singular words to stringing full sentences just over this summer. And now that he’s started, he won’t stop! He talks about everything constantly. I love it!

But I think that’s also the reason I’ve been a little more tired at the end of the day. I am having to adjust to a little voice constantly chatting in my ear, and a little person constantly needing me to respond and comment to him. And now that his voice is in my ear, there’s no room for those other voices in my head.
I no longer have the luxury of inner dialogue between my characters, or imaginative play with my story. My story is no longer festering in my head. Which means I have to be more purposeful about carving out time for that.


But it’s so worth it, especially when West says sweet things like, “Mama’s pretty.”

No comments:

Post a Comment