Friday, January 3, 2014

Farewell 2013

How on earth is it already a new year? I was just getting used to 2013! It was a good year for me. Here's a quick recap:

Feb: we took Westly to Disneyland for the first time, and bought him his first Mickey ears. He fell in love. 

March: My sister-in-law and niece came home with West and I and stayed the week with us. 

April: West turned 2! And his speaking took off, as did his love for sports

May: my sister came home for a visit from Belize. 

June: I took my first trip away from West to attend a friend's wedding down south. Had a great time with my mom and family. We also took a little trip to Carmel with Michael's parents.

July: we took a Shaw family vacation to Tahoe and had the time of our lives

August: I attended the SCBWI international conference in LA, where I was inspired, educated, and enthralled. Here I am with YA author Jay Asher. I came back, my life changed for the better.

September: I finished and released the last book in my Sherlock Academy series. I bittersweet event, for sure. I also started my new book.

October: we went back to Disneyland.

West also really got into Halloween this year.

November: we enjoyed the season, committed to teaching Westly's Sunday School class at church, and got a great surprise when my sister Noelle unexpectedly flew home from Belize for Thanksgiving. 

December: we decked our halls, hosted Christmas dinner, visited my family down south, fought off the stomach bug, and hosted an Oreo-tasting party for New Year's Eve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment