Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Two Pages

I just got an email from the central coast chapter of SCBWI (Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators) about a contest for the summer conference. I've already been thinking of attending the summer conference in LA again this year, and am scheming on how to fund it. Winners of the contest get $1000 for the conference.

All I have to do is submit the first 2 pages of my work in progress, and 3 blurbs about it that you would find on the book jacket (if it became a book). Sounds simple enough, but I better make sure those first 2 pages are darn, stinkin' good!

What've I got to lose? Nothing--except maybe $1 in postage. What've I got to win? A free ride to the SCBWI summer conference, and potentially more life-changing magic!

No comments:

Post a Comment