Friday, February 7, 2014

Wait...What?

If you've been keeping up on my posts here, you know I've been working on a new book since September. I finished a first draft just before Christmas, and have been working on that. But I'm not crazy about it. I'm trying to pinpoint what's wrong with it, or what it's lacking. And then to complicate matters further...

I got another idea for a book! It literally came out of no where and hit me like a bolt of lightning. It's kept me up at night, and I can't stop thinking about it. I've made a few notes and am feeling excited about it.

But does that mean I completely abandon my other completed story? Do I give up on it for this new idea? Am I ready to start all over again?

One thing that has stuck with me is what David Weizner (author/illustrator) shared at the summer SCBWI conference: "The creative process is messy, but always follow the story."

I think I have to do it. I have to follow this new story.

No comments:

Post a Comment