Friday, November 2, 2012

My Little Secret


A couple friends and family members have commented lately on how much I tend to get done in my days. I write books, teach art, try new recipes, make crafts, etc. I just want to go on record as saying, No I am not one of those super-women who rise at dawn, run a business on their blog, cultivate their own ingredients, and homeschool their children. You know the type! More power to those Proverbs 31 Women!

I will tell you the secret to my productivity: I have one kid who naps 2-3 hours every day!

When Westly naps, I have free time. And since I don’t have any other children, I am completely free to work. Most of my friends have more than one kid. Even if their little one takes a good daily nap, they still have the older one(s) to tend to. They don’t get a big chunk of time each day all to themselves to get things done and indulge in their hobbies.

I realize I am in a nice phase of life right now. I have only one kid, and right now he takes a long nap every day. And I know this will not last forever. Someday we’ll have another child, and sadly someday Westly will take shorter naps or give them up altogether. I’ve been feeling the pressure to make sure I am maximizing my free time to the fullest.

Honestly, I don’t know what I’ll do when I have another baby. Which is yet another reason I’m in no hurry to expand our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment