Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Lots to Write About


The other night in our writer’s group we did a fun writing prompt. You had to choose one of the following Biblical jokes to write about:

Lot’s wife at a school board meeting, or Adam being tempted by a convertible instead of an apple, or Job as a bus driver. I chose to write about Lot’s wife and here’s what I came up with. We had five minutes.

The annual school board Christmas party was in full swing. Mrs. Lot always enjoyed the evening that began with a turkey dinner and ended with a fun parlor game. She sat at the long table between Mr. Sodom and Professor Gomorra. The two men talked over her about the rising cost of technology in the classroom.

“Pass the salt, please,” she interrupted with a mouthful of bland potatoes.

She felt a tap on her shoulder and turned to see her friend Sue Pillar grinning down at her.

“I’m late.”

Mrs. Lot smiled back. “How come?”

“I spilled guacamole on my dress in the car,” Sue said sheepishly. “I’m going to clean up in the bathroom. Do 
me a favor and don’t stare at my stains.”

Mrs. Lot laughed. “Of course, dearie.”

Sue turned away and warned, “Don’t turn around.”

But Mrs. Lot turned around.

No comments:

Post a Comment