Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Language Burst


It’s happening: Westly is having a language burst! Many people assured me that once he hit two, the words would come spilling out. I’m very excited. He is saying at least one new word a day, he’s putting words together to express a thought, he’s becoming more socially confident because of his verbal development, he’s having fewer tantrums of frustration, and he’s even trying to sing!

I love it. I can’t wait till he can talk even more and tell me what he’s thinking. Some of my fave things he’s saying are the following:

“One more” when he wants to prolong anything he’s enjoying.
“Kay!” in response to a suggestion I make
“Row! Row!” for the song “Row Row Row Your Boat”
“Me pee-pee” or “poo-poo” when he goes potty in his diaper

I guess we’re both having a language burst of sorts. I finished a final draft of my last Sherlock Academy book this past week. It’s undergoing final edits. West and I are on a role! 

No comments:

Post a Comment