Monday, September 24, 2012

Ring In the Season


Now that it’s officially autumn, the Shaws have made some changes, as they always do this time of year. We busted out the fall decorations and decked our halls with autumn garlands, wreathes, and pumpkin-scented accents. (Halloween decorations will join on October 1, per tradition).

I also exchanged my summery wardrobe for my autumn one of sweaters, skirts, and tops all in fall hues of orange, mustard-yellow, brown, and rust. I always swap my wardrobe per season to be more festive and keep my wardrobe fresh and exciting, at least for myself.

A few new flavors are on our menu this time of year. I always make this delicious apple bread, and pumpkin-spice cookies. I also try to cook more homey stews, roasted meat and veggies, and corn bread.

As you can tell, the Shaws are all about embracing the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment