Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Why Couldn't I Be from Texas?

I got an email the other day that bummed me out a little: a rejection to Sherlock Academy. This one in particular was a little disappointing because they've been reading and considering my Book 1 since the beginning of summer. I submitted it to them, they read the first 50 pages, and requested more. They liked my writing style, etc. But in the end, they said they are a small house that at the moment is only publishing Texan authors and/or stories based in Texas.

I wanted to ask them, "Then why did you bother to read my story at all? Thanks for wasting my time!"

Instead, I emailed back a polite thank-you for reading my story, etc. I also mentioned I am brewing a new story in my head and would they be interested in reading a book proposal on it? It could be based in Texas. I have a small plot in mind with a working title:

The Tree House Wars

I'll let you know when I have more to say on this story....

....or when the Bright Sky Publishing has more to say on it....

No comments:

Post a Comment