Friday, December 21, 2012

Does This Title Ring?


The Almost-True Adventures of Toby Turnkettle

This title has been rattling around in my head for the past couple weeks. I have a germ of an idea planting in my imagination. This is exciting, since I was afraid after finishing Sherlock Academy I wouldn’t have anything new to write.

But I have this idea for a new story. I’m thinking it’s going to be a quirky comedy about a kid who has been living alone while his poor parents sleep in comas in the hospital (a result of some absurd accident. I’ll need to make it ridiculous enough so it’s not too tragic). Toby has been living alone, but keeping up a false pretense that his parents are well and with him (think Home Alone when little Kevin tricked the thieves into thinking a huge party of people were hanging out at his house, etc.) Some strange adventure will find Toby, etc. I don’t really have much beyond that, but it’s a start.

I can breathe a little easier now knowing I won’t be at a complete loss after Book 5 is wrapped next year.

Let’s hope little West continues to take good naps next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment