Monday, December 10, 2012

The Next Lois Lane


Last month I did an interview with the Sun newspaper (see Friday’s post). I answered a reporter’s questions, and read his article in newsprint.

Interesting twist:

Now I may be living on the other side. I may join the writing staff of another local newspaper, the Orcutt Pioneer.  Michael knows the owner of the newspaper because her kid goes to Michael’s charter school and had my Mr. Shaw as an English teacher. She was telling my husband how she is short on writers, and if he knew anyone who would be interested.

Michael jumped right in with “We’ll do it!”

We’ll become a little husband-wife newspaper writing team! I don’t have all the details yet, but I know the newspaper comes out once a month, and features local news in the small community of Orcutt. (I’ve been featured in it several times before my book release events) And we get paid per article we write, which will be some wonderful extra income.

I have to admit, this is a little writing dream come true!

(And a great excuse for my writer’s block on Book 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment