Monday, December 17, 2012

I'm One of Those


I love Christmastime. I really do. And I think I love it even more now that I’m a mom. I use to watch parents spoil their kids with presents, relish their kids opening each one, and be genuinely more excited about giving than receiving. And I didn’t get it.

Now I do. Michael and I agreed that Westly doesn’t need a lot of presents, he’s still young, and wouldn’t care whether he got gifts or not. But we couldn’t help getting excited about getting him presents and watching him enjoy the holiday season. I’m totally one of those now.

So the next thing we need to do is go to Disneyland. I can’t wait to take Westly and enjoy the Magical Kingdom by watching him enjoy it. I remember telling Michael one time while he and I walked through Fantasyland, “I’ll know we’re ready for kids when all I want to do is enjoy Disneyland with them.”

That’s where we are now with our little Doodle. It’s true “How wonderful life is now that you’re in the world!”

No comments:

Post a Comment