Monday, December 31, 2012

Old and New


Out with the old, in with the new.

I’m in a reflective mood today. I always get reflective on New Year’s Eve. When I was single, I would spend New Year’s Eve night reflecting on the past year, writing a poem or two about the year to come, finding a Bible verse to take with me into the New Year, and heralding the New Year in with a prayer. It was a sweet time of communion and reflection.

But now that I’m married with a kid, I’m lucky to make it to midnight. But I still like to remember the year past and anticipate the coming one. I strive to be aware of my life and the things God is doing with it. I long to have a healthy perspective on time and how I am spending it. I want to live my life on purpose with purpose.

I find I can do all this best through writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment