Friday, February 8, 2013

Around the Block


I get Writer’s Block. Sure, it’s a common thing writers get. And I know I’ve expressed frustration with it before. But I’ve got another problem right now.

Is there such a thing as Mommy’s Block?

I’m stuck on a couple issues with Westly right now and I’m not sure how to get past them.

Let’s take the whole hair-washing issue. I wash his hair maybe twice a week, at least once a week. I do it so rarely because it is quite the traumatic event. He freaks out and screams because he’s basically getting drowned in water. I can’t get him to tip his head back, and I don’t know another way to wash those locks.

Mommy’s Block!

Next, nine out of ten times when I change his diaper in the morning and get him dressed, he throws a fit on 
the changing table. Since his very first day of life, he’s always thrown a fit when I lay him on his back and change him. But he’s almost two and it’s getting old. I’ve tried distracting him, playing music, bribing him, and even spanking him. Sometimes he’ll let me change him quietly, but most of the time he kicks his legs and carries on.

Mommy’s Block!

And I thought Writer’s Block was bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment