Monday, August 6, 2012

My Little Doodle


Westly is growing up really fast this summer. He’s taller, has more hair, is communicating more than ever, climbing all over the place…

…And his most recent development: he is learning to fall asleep by himself in his crib. The past few weeks I’ve been gradually transitioning him from falling asleep in my arms to falling asleep in his crib. Now after he nurses, he points to his crib and when I ask if he wants to go night-night in his bed, he nods his head ‘yes’.

Today he did this for his nap, a first. I still have to stand next to him until he gets sleepy, but we’re making great progress. The goal is for him to fall asleep with me out of the room.

I’m sure this transition will lead to weaning soon. I get a little sad thinking about weaning, but I know it’s all a part of growing up.

Which makes me think I need to have at least one more baby...

…but not right now. Right now I’m going to relish the freedom I’m gaining with Westly’s growing independence.

And I’m going to finish writing my children’s mystery series.

No comments:

Post a Comment