Friday, October 12, 2012

Get That Booty Movin'!


I Zumba. It’s true. I’ve joined the fitness fad. For clarification, Zumba is both a noun and a verb. Noun: a latin-inspired dance style tailored with aerobics and hip-hop for a fun fitness routine. Verb: the act of participating in the dance called Zumba.

I love it. It’s a great workout. By the end of an hour, I’m sweating, out of breath, and have burned around 800 calories. And I don’t even notice because I’m having so much fun! It’s been a great outlet for me to shed some leftover pesky baby-pounds, and for me to get out of the house by myself. It’s also a taxing physical and mental workout.

Working out has always brought a little balance to my life. I’ve never been a huge physical-fitness fiend, but I’ve always been a member of a gym where I would take at least two fitness classes a week to stay in shape and healthy. However, after becoming a mom, I had no motivation to workout. Of all the things I have to do as a mom, the last thing I wanted to do was work out during the little free time I got.
Until I discovered Zumba. Like I said, it doesn’t feel like working out. It’s a fun dance party! So this past summer I joined a gym and try to go Zumba a few times a week. And I feel I’m a better wife and mom because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment