Friday, October 19, 2012

Starting from Scratch


This coming Monday I have to submit something to our Writer’s Caravan group for critique. Every month we take turns featuring different members, and this month is my turn. I can submit anything I like to them, and we’ll discuss their feedback at our next meeting. I have no idea what to submit! I’m finished with Book 4, and haven’t started much of Book 5. I have some other projects brewing in my head, but haven’t sat down to formulate them yet. I need to think about what I want to pursue in my writing and what I’d like feedback on. I’ve been so wrapped up in Sherlock Academy for so many years. It’s strange and a little scary to think of writing something new. And not just writing something new, but creating something new completely from scratch. Even when I start to write a new Academy book, I’m not completely creating everything from scratch. I have a whole world with settings and character and backstory to work with.

Gulp

It’s definitely time for me to grow and stretch as a writer, which means starting over completely from scratch.

I feel the same way when I think of having another baby someday. I finally got a handle on Westly. I know him pretty well, we have a routine, I’ve worked out some kinks in parenting. Having a new baby means starting all over again. And that’s a scary thought as well.

Sigh

I’ll take one new thing at a time, starting with my writing. A new baby will have to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment