Friday, October 26, 2012

Singe Mom Blues


This weekend I’m a single mom. Michael is teaching. A few times a year he teaches a special weekend class at the local junior college. It’s great extra money (especially needed for Christmas). But I hate being a single mom on the weekends. Last year was really rough because West was only six months old and very needy. I felt very alone with a baby. But this year will be better. Since West is older, he’s become my little companion. And he takes a 3 hour nap each day, which will give me a break.

Still I look forward to the weekend to hang out with my hubby and have a little Westly break. I can’t imagine being a full-time single mom. My heart goes out to all of them in the world.

One mom in my women’s Bible study has been without her husband since July (he’s in Afghanistan). I can’t even imagine! I was convicted that instead of being mopey that my husband has to work a few weekends, I should extend my friendship to other moms who are alone. So maybe I’ll make a new friend this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment