Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Here's to 2013


I finally landed my New Year’s Resolution for 2013. I knew I wanted to memorize Scripture this year, maybe a passage a month. But I wasn’t sure how to go about doing it. My mom suggested I work on memorizing a long cohesive passage through the year, learning a few verses each month. Then by December I would have memorized a chapter or something. I decided to do this, but I still wasn’t sure what to memorize.

Then one night last week as I was about to fall asleep, I suddenly got inspiration. (I love when that happens. I get a lot of last minute ideas for my book just as I’m falling asleep!)

So in 2013, I am going to memorize Proverbs 31:10-31, or otherwise known as the Proverbs 31 Woman passage. It covers motherhood, being a wife—who knows, there might even be a verse about being a writer! Anyways, I’ll memorize 1-2 verses per month and finish the passage in December.

I’m hoping each month to come up with a craft or write a poem or do some other creative outlet to help memorize the verses.

January’s verse is verse 10, the first in the Prov 31 Woman passage:

Who can find a virtuous wife? Her worth is far above rubies.

No comments:

Post a Comment