Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Stories in My Head


I get inspired by good writing and great storytelling, whether that be in a book, a movie, or a song. Here are some great stories inspiring me right now:

A Death in the Small Hours A mystery written by Charles Finch, book 5 of his Charles Lenox Detective series. This is my current literary crush.

Downton Abbey Season 3 British mini-series written by Julian Fellowes, about the intermingling lives of an earl and his family and his staff. So. Stinkin’. Good.

RED Newest CD by Taylor Swift, more ballads about falling in love, being in love, and breaking up. Cheesy, maybe, but she’s a good storyteller through her music.

Dear Zoo Westly’s newest board book, a cute story about finding the right pet. Each animal is revealed by opening a flap. So simple, but it delights Westly which in turn melts my Mommy-heart.

Binsey Pet name for a new friend I met, who is sponsoring me to be a part of an online writer’s group. Talking to her and hearing her life stories is refreshing, invigorating, inspiring, and downright fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment