Friday, January 11, 2013

One Potato, Two Potatoes


Michael and I want to eat healthier and drop a little weight. He has bigger goals than I do. Right now, I’d like to lose about 5 pounds. I need to slim my waistline a little, and I’d like to be a few pounds lighter than my pre-pregnancy weight before I get pregnant again. I don’t want to gain on top of extra gain.

Today when I went grocery shopping, I bought vegetables, and not just a potato. When I got home, I washed them all, sliced them up, put them in little ziplock baggies, and put the baggies in a pink basket to set in my frige. I even poured ranch in a little container so it’s ready for dipping. See, I have to take every excuse away, and outsmart my lazy butt. I also wrote a list of healthy snacks on a post-it and stuck it on my frige door. That way I’m reminded of good snacks to eat during the day.

We’ll see if this helps with eating healthier.

I also did not buy any cookies, chocolate, or chips. It was tempting, but I resisted. Then in the check-out aisle I spotted Trader Joe’s caramel popcorn. It was a small bag. It was only $1.49. And it was surprisingly low-fat, low-cal.

Hey, I have to have some reward for all this healthy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment